Installing SAP ecc 6.0 sr3 ides on a desktop or laptop, described briefly in this post. These steps are common for installing any SAP system. I have installed IDES SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 successfully last night in my computer. My computer configuration is AMD processor, 5GB RAM, 500GB Hard Disk Drive. The installation took approximately 12 hours to finish. I have done the following steps to complete the successful installation.
Installing SAP ECC 6.0 – Step-by-Step
- Installed 64 bit Windows server 2003 enterprise edition
- 500 GB Hard Disk is partitioned into 3 partitions(C: D: and E:). The partition sizing details are as follows…
- C: 50GB – 5.76GB filled
- D: 300GB – 285GB filled with data
- E: Remaining – 55GB software size
- Assigned ‘sapdev’ as computer name (Host Name) while installing OS. You can choose any computer name, but you need solution manager key for the selected host name
- Installed Microsoft Loopback adapter and configured it with static IP address. Loopback adapter can be avoided if your computer is attached to network with an IP.
- Paging file had been set as 25000MB minimum – 30000MB maximum in D drive. Paging file may also be assigned in more than one drive.
- Copyed complete IDES SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 installation file to E drive
- Installed j2sdk1.4.2_12 and configured JAVA HOME
- Configured path with Java bin folder
- Installed Oracle for 64bit processor
- Started Installation master (sapinst.exe)
- Shown the paths to export DVDs, Kernel, oracle client and given values like SAP SID and Oracle SID as and when the installation master insisted me to enter the values
- Entered solution manager key
- Got the completion of central services instance screen after 10 hours.
- Installed presentation server (GUI)
- Added New item in SAP Logon pad with parameters of the SAP system
- Logged into the SAP system using client 001, user name and password
You can send messages using the following form.