Performance tuning in an SAP system is most important job task for any SAP Basis consultant. You should be able to answer and do following tasks.
1. What is MTE?
A node in the monitoring tree is called a monitor tree element (MTE) – RZ20
2. What is SAP start service?
Ans: sapstartsrv (sapstartsrv.exe on Windows or sapstartsrv on UNIX Platforms)
3. What is the recommended system for central monitoring?
Ans: SAP Solution Manager
4. What is monitoring segment?
Ans: The monitoring segment is the area of main memory that contains the monitoring data from the data collectors
5. How many days’ ABAP dumps are stored in the system
Ans: 28 days
6. What is the parameter to configure System Log File Location in File system
7. What is the file name of System log
Ans: slog<Instance_Number> ex: slog00
8. What is the use of keep/release menu option in ST22
Ans: If you want to keep any specific DUMP without being deleted, you can use this function
9. What is the alternative name for Performance Analysis
Ans: The Performance Analysis function is often also called performance trace ST05
10. Location of Dev trace files?
11. What is st11?
A: It shows all the dev trace files
12. What is AL11?
Ans: It shows all the SAP directories
13. What is monitoring attribute
Ans: The measured values that are collected by the data collectors are displayed at the lowest level
in the leaves of the tree. The leaves are called monitoring attributes
14. t-code for Tune summary
15. System trace t-code
16. t-code to set time zone?
17. What is SOLMAN_SETUP
Ans: It is a t-code in Solution Manager used for solman configuration
18. What is the purpose of ST22?
Ans: This t-code is used to display ABAP dumps in an SAP system
If you want to learn complete SAP Basis/HANA Administration from me, reply back using the following comments box…