You can access any SAP Netweaver system using web browser instead of using SAP GUI for windows or SAP GUI for JAVA. You can activate ITS to access any SAP system from a web browser. you can log on to the sap SAP R/3 or SAP Netweaver system using a simple web browser such as Internet explorer or Mozilla firefox.
It is very simple configuration and can be done by you with a little knowledge in handling different sap systems. I have installed ecc 6.0 with ABAP stack and configured ITS. It is working perfectly. You can use the following step-by-step procedure to activate ITS within youe your SAP netweaver or ECC system. You can also watch a private video which is placed at end of this article. In the video, I have demonstrated on ‘how to activate ITS’ with which you can also configure or activate ITS very easily. You can subscribe to my list of private videos on SAP Basis training to watch all the videos that are recorded as of now and all the future videos at your own convenient time and place. Please BUY NOW the subscription of my videos at SAP Basis training videos page.
Step-by-step procedure to activate ITS in an SAP system
- Hit transaction SMICM – ICM status should be running
- Goto Services to find HTTP port number – Goto – Services (Shift + F1) The port number in my case is 8000
- Come back to the SAP easy access menu by using transaction /n
- Hit transaction code SICF
- You will get Maintain services screen
- Click on Execute button
- Activate /sap/public/bc
- Activate /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui
- Go back to SAP easy access menu by hitting transaction code /n
- Hit SE80 transaction to open Object Navigator
- Select the Internet Service from drop down
- Enter SYSTEM and click display button
- Right click on the SYSTEM and select Publish and then click Complete Service
- Enter WEBGUI and click display button
- Right click on the WEBGUI and select Publish and then click Complete Service
- Use any browser to open url http://<server>:<icmport>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/! and login to the webgui
- <server> should be replaced by your host (server) name
- <icmport> should be replaced by HTTP port number which can be find using SMICM transaction
- You can login to system using user name and password which is created in your sap system
SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) is integrated since the release ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0. Please get back to me if you have any confusion or help to activate ITS in your SAP system.