Rajesh.K, SQL Database Administrator – 4+ Years Experience
To work in a competitive and challenging environment contributing to the best of my ability towards the growth and development of a progressive organization and to fully utilize my innovative skills to pursue a rewarding career.
- Having 4+yrs of Experience as Database administrator 3+yrs of experience as MS Sql server dba and 1 year as Oracle dba.Have extensive exposure on installation, configuration, and administration of Ms SQL Server Databases.
- Worked closely and effectively with all levels of management to satisfy project and productivity requirements, offered logical, forthright thinking and is able to provide effective solutions to solve difficult problems..Demonstrates commitment to superior customer service through positive attitudeleadership and hands on teamwork
- Good working exposure on Replication, Log-shipping, Mirroring, Linked servers, backup restores, and Data Migration.
- Good Working exposure on Clustering environment.
|Databases||SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g, DB2 9.1|
|Operating Systems||MS Windows Server 2003/2008,NT,XP, Redhat Linux|
|Tools||Enterprise Manager,Sql server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Upgrade Advisor, Litespeed , SQL Loader,RMAN,ExpDp,ImpDp|
ü Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Berhampur University, Orissa, India.
- Working as Senior System Engineer in IBM India Pvt Ltd,Bangaluru from June 2009 to till date.
- Worked as a Database administrator in Mahathi Software Pvt Ltd,Visakhapatnam from Nov 2006 to May 2009.
Client : Message Technologies Inc, GA,USA
Role : SQL DBA
Environment : SQL Server 2005 DBA on Win Server 2003
Duration : From June 2009 to till date
Message Technologies, Inc., (MTI) is an industry leader in providing Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and speech technologies. Our mission is to deliver innovative and affordable interactive voice solutions with maximum customer satisfaction. We offer a wide range of speech and IVR solutions to over 2000 customers in North America and around the world. These solutions provide effective ways of interacting with customers and employees, over the phone, while minimizing the use of costly live agents. We’re experts in Voice XML hosting, and handle every part of the speech self-service infrastructure including trunk and platform provisioning, business continuation planning, monitoring, web access, physical and logical security and co-location.
MTI also provides senior telephony and speech professional services for the design, development, deployment, and ongoing testing of IVR applications.
- Installed and upgraded from Sql server 2000 to 2005
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database, queries and stored procedures offering assistance to developers in optimizing their applications.
- Perform Daily Backups and Develop recovery procedures, involved in planning for disaster recovery.
- Migrate DB between software versions, DB products
- Design and implement DB security, user management (Managing logins, users and object level permissions)
- Replication, Standby database (Log Shipping)
- Mail enabling the database server.
- Evaluate back-up and recovery hardware and software and make recommendations to management to automate and implement on-going improvements
- Extensively used the concept of Replication, Log-shipping and Mirroring for standby database
- Create and implement best backup and recovery strategies (Full Backup Model with transaction logs backups)
- Creating new jobs, scheduling jobs, and setting job notifications/alerts
- Maintained Production, Test and Development servers
- Creating and configuring Linked Server and troubleshooting linked server issues
- Setup and maintained Replication Servers
- Monitoring the CPU usage, I/O statistics, Memory Usage to identify any OS level performance killers, enabling database level trace for performance test
- Troubleshoot performance-tuning issues by running SQL server Profiler, Prepared Database Documentation
- On call 24/7 support to databases on weekly rotation
Client :Mahathi Health services,FL,USA and other clients (P4 HEALTHCARE, MDTABLET & ABRAXIS)
Role : SQL DBA
Environment : SQL Server 2005 on Windows Server 2003
Duration : Jan 2008 to May 2009
The key business differentiators for Mahathi Health Services are:
- Mahathi has technology solutions to support all constituents of the health care industry
- Mahathi personnel have deep domain knowledge of the health care domain
- Mahathi has the resources necessary to provide point solutions, or to entirely supplant customer personnel and support business process outsourcing
- Mahathi provide Self-Checkout solutions that offer a suite of services designed to make all phases of self-checkout deployments successful.
- Mahathi also offer consulting, project management, development, integration, maintenance and help-desk services to support the retailer’s implementation, from concept through rollout and life-cycle management
- Mahathi deliver world-class technical solutions based on a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry, to help organizations meet their critical needs. Healthcare demands tighter information integration across segments. Our world-class team and deep knowledge of international standards, such as HL7, ICD 10 and NEDSS data models, enable these highly available environments.
- Installed and upgraded from Sql server 2000 to 2005 and created databases
- Successfully tested and implemented Log Shipping Technique used for backup solution for MS SQL Server 2005 & 2000 databases
- Backup and recovery of production databases and tuning production databases for better performance
- Created and monitored Database maintenance plans for checking database integrity, data optimization, rebuilding indexes and updating statistics
- Monitored Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers
- Maintained security tasks like granting and revoking permissions
- Configured and worked on Replication server
- Created and managed tables, functions, indexes using T-SQL in development and Production environment
- Created user logins and adding users to respective databases
- Performed Backup, recovery and Automation of Backup
- Experience in Database Refresh and Cloning to setup DEV and Test databases and maintained data integrity
- Participating in weekly systems and DB meetings and updating the project status to the project manager
- Meet the SLA (Service Level Agreement)
Client : Nylex Sdn Bhd ,Malaysia
Role : Jr.Oracle DBA
Environment : Oracle 9i on RHEL4
Duration : November 2006 to Dec 2007
Nylex (Malaysia) Berhad (“Nylex”) is a public limited liability company, incorporated and domiciled in Malaysia and listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in 1990. Today, it has emerged as a dominant player in the chemicals, plastics and polymers business with an annual turnover of more than RM 1.5 billion and over 13 subsidiaries operating mainly in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Nylex is principally involved in investment holding and the manufacture and marketing of vinyl-coated fabrics, calendered film and sheeting and other plastic products, including geotextiles and prefabricated sub-soil drainage systems.
Nylex’s subsidiaries are involved in the manufacture and marketing of rotomoulded plastic products including bulk chemical containers, road barriers, playground equipment and disposal bins; distribution, manufacture and sale of petrochemical and industrial chemical products and manufacture and trading of polyvinyl chloride (more commonly known as PVC) and polyurethane (“PU”) synthetic leather, films and sheets and metal roofing products.
- Installed, configured and administered SQL Server and Oracle database instances (SQL Server 2000/2005 Oracle 9i, and 10g)
- Experience with the design and implementation of physical and logical layout of the SQL server and Oracle databases
- Experience in configuration of Oracle servers initialization parameters (INIT.ORA): DB block, Buffers, Shared Pool, etc
- Created DEV, TEST and Production databases and objects in Oracle environments
- Experience with Oracle databases maintenance including creation and management of Tablespaces, Tablespace sizing and resizing, Creating and Rebuilding indexes and Creating and managing Large Tables by way of partitions
- Created users and managed users access and database security by creating and assigning privileges, roles and profiles accordingly in Oracle environments
- Backup Management using Logical export and Import utility
- Involved in Oracle database migrations and upgrades from 9i to 10g and applied the needed patches as required
- Experience in troubleshooting slow Sql Queries, Locks on resources and application tuning, to ensure database performance optimization
- Worked with Developers Team to test and tune Sql Queries
- Engaged with Oracle Corporation for technical support by opening Technical Assistance Requests (TARs) and Service Request tickets
Geographical reference : Anywhere in India