SAP basis administration job role is the most significant job role in the current IT job market which can be opted by any graduate in short span of time. SAP software is developed to make job of day-to-day business activities of small/medium/enterprise organizations very simple. Most of the day-to-day activities of businesses will be recorded inside the database on which SAP system is running. You can use any database software to manage the business data and any operating system can be chosen to install SAP software. By reading previous sentence, you can understand that there are many technologies involved in handling or maintaining the SAP systems. The job role which can give the opportunity to work with all these technologies is SAP Basis administration. So that the significance of SAP Basis administration job role can be understood by now.
What I mean to convey in this article is that the ‘Learning of SAP Basis administration’ is challenging for any one. But, You will enjoy learning this subject day-by-day during the course of time. You will understand the concepts of many technologies, such as, operating system administration, java installation and its configuration, database software installation and its configuration, choosing right kind of hardware for installing SAP systems, understanding about the importance of different protocols available in the current IT industry.
SAP Basis administration job role is also more costly and more paid job role. Per hour price for this job role is more than any other job role for the same years of experienced person. As and when your experience as sap basis administration is growing up, salary for this job role also will grow accordingly. SAP Basis administration is the main technical modules within SAP system. SAP system is developed using ABAP programming language, but to handle or maintain it, SAP Basis component is needed. SAP Basis administration job role is involved following activities….
- Knowing about right kind of hardware configuration required for installing different SAP systems
- Choosing operating system and database software to install SAP system
- Installing chosen operating system on chosen hardware
- Installing chosen database software on chosen operating system
- Performing pre-installation requirements to install SAP software
- Using SAPINST program for launching SAP Netweaver Software Delivery tool
- Installing and configuring SAP front end software
- Performing post installation steps after log in to the SAP system
- Configuring Transport management system (TMS) immediately after log in to the SAP system
- Installing and configuring SAP license using slicense t-code
- Creating and logging in to new client in the SAP system
- Performing local client copy in the SAP system
- Remote client copy in the SAP system
- Performing client export, import and post client import processing
- Maintenance of user master records within the SAP system
- Creating and assigning different types of roles to user accounts within SAP system
- Creating roles using different methods and generating profiles in the SAP system
- Configuring SAP system using system profile files
- Creating and maintaining SAP system parameters
- Understanding difference between start, import and instance profiles
- Understanding the concept of SAP instance and SAP system
- Installing dialog instance on top of existing central SAP system
- Installing SAP system in distributed environment
- Understanding the concept of message server, dispatcher and gateway
- Determining different local and global work processes
- Creating, configuring and testing different operation modes
- Transporting roles from one SAP system to another SAP system
- Transporting objects from one SAP system to another SAP system
- Installing Add-on within the SAP system
- Creating printer devices and using them in the SAP systems
- Creating logical spool servers and mapping additional spool server
- SAP system monitoring and understanding about different problems by analyzing those problems using related tools
- Working with underlying database management system within the SAP system
- Database administration like backup, restore and recovery
- Creating and configuring RFC connections in the SAP system
- Creating and monitoring jobs in background in the SAP system and many more…..
Finally, What I want you to understand is that the job role of SAP Basis administration is most important for any IT professional which will give full confidence over the job role which you are performing right now and also this knowledge can enable you to become SAP Basis administration as soon as possible.
Who can become SAP Basis administrators:
- Any fresh graduate (Tecnical or non-technical)
- Network administrators
- Operating system administrators
- Windows administrators
- Linux administrators
- Unix administrators
- Database administrators
- Hardware and Networking engineers
- Any one who wants to have challenge-able and good remuneration job role
To make learning of SAP Basis administration easy to my blog readers, subscribers and my students, I have recorded 82 powerful videos on SAP Baisis administration and uploaded to my channel in youtube. I have covered all most all the topics mentioned above in my videos. By watching these videos, you can learn SAP Basis administration very easily within short span of time. Once you become my subscriber, you can ask me any questions on this subject at free of cost for 1-year.
You can view the list of videos recorded as on today at my SAP Basis videos page which is available also as page item in main navigation menu of this website.