SAP Installation – ECC 6.0 IDES is very easy to install in a desktop or laptop for practice at home. Following are the minimum hardware requirements to install ides.
Minimum Recommended hardware:
- dual core processor
- 2 GB memory (RAM)
- 250 GB for installation and approximately 40 GB for SAP software dump. i.e if you have 320 GB better
- Proper power backup
OS and it’s dependencies to be installed in the following order.
- Operating system – Windows Server 2003 or 2008
- Proper partitioning of a hard disk is very important to do sap installation
- Check network configuration. Please check your computer is communicating with the other computers in your network. If you are installing in a single computer, you can install Microsoft Loopback adapter and assign an IP address and continue the installation.
- Performance settings to be done
- Java installation and setting environment variables and java home
- Oracle installation and applying proper patches
Please leave a comment for any requirement of installation screen shots or help.