SAP BASIS Interview questions with answers are listed in this article. Please double check questions and answers given here. I have collected some of the questions and answers and posted here for my my students, my channel subscribers reference. So that I am posting sap basis interview questions and answers here.
1. If your SAP landscape is composed of a DEV server and PRD server and you need to transport a change request from DEV client 111 to DEV 131 (i.e. transport in the same server). How can this be accomplished?
A: With the help of Transaction code (t-code) SCC1
2. We have recently experienced some internet outages caused by our ISP. Although we have resolved our ISP problems, the users refuse to believe that losing the internet connection was to blame for the SAP problems. How can we ensure that this was an internet problem and not an SAP problem?
Open a maintenance window, connect to the machine and kill the ISP connection and see if this kills your connection. Repeat at will until they believe that the ISP was the problem.
3.What is an OK code? What are thedifferences an OK code to a T-code?
An OK Code is used by a program to execute a function for example after a pushbutton has been clicked. A transaction code is a “shortcut” that helps a user run a program.
4. Where are t-code name and program values stored? How can I find a list of all the t-codes in the SAP system?
You can use transaction st11 to view Table TSTC. You can define a new t-code using transaction se93.
5.How can one disable the “Import All” button on STMS for the queues?
Login to your Transport Domain Controller. Run STMS->Overview->System.
Choose the System you want to disable import all. Go to Transport Tool tab.
Add/Create Parameter “NO_IMPORT_ALL” set its value to 1.
6. What are the different types of work processes in R/3?
A: Dialog (D), Update (U), Enqueue (E), Background(B), and Spool(S).
7. How can you confirm the patch level for SAP GUI?
A: Log into SAPGUI, and hit Alt-F12
8. Why can web help be considered easier to install than CHM, the standard delivered SAP help?
A: Web help is easier than trying to get every remote user connected to a network share. If you don’t want to use SAP’s help site, you can setup your own website to do it. The best route depends on your business’ network structure.
9. If you can’t find the answer to a question, what are Some website you can visit to find the answer?
A: OSS notes: http://service.sap.com/notes
SAP help: http://help.sap.com
10. We want to install another new SAP system on same development box. Is this possible? What are some of the important considerations?
A: Yes, it is possible to have more than one SAP system on a single box. The key is to use a different SID for SAP system with a different instance number.
It is also important to note that for a 64 bit SAP kernel, SAP recommends a 20 GB swap space for 1st instance and 10 GB per each Additional instance.
11. We want to install another new instance on same development box. Is this possible? What are some of the important considerations?
A: Yes, it is possible to have more than one instance on a single box for an SAP system. The key is to use a different instance number.
It is also important to note that for a 64 bit SAP kernel, SAP recommends a 20GB swap space for 1st instance and 10 GB per each Additional instance.
11. What is the difference between a client copy and client refresh?
A: Sometimes these are the same, For example, if you are performing a copy to an existing client for the express purpose of updating the data, then it is called client Refresh. If you are copying to a newly created client then it is more appropriate to say “client copy.”
12. What is the purpose of table T000?
A: Table T000 contains a list of defined clients, which you can maintain with transaction SCC4.
13. What is the purpose of table USR02?
A: This table stores User IDs and passwords
14. How do you create a password exception list?
A: Place the answers in table USR40
15. What is the purpose of table TADIR?
A: Table TADIR contains object directory entries
16. What is the purpose of table TDEVC?
A: Table TDEVC contains development classes and packages.
17. What is the transaction codes associated with changing requests, request headers, or request object lists?
A: The following tables hold information about change requests.
E070 Change request headers
E071 Change request object lists
18. How can you get a list of the users with development access on a particular system?
A: Table DEVACCESS
19. Where can you find a list of object keys included in a transport?
A: E071K Object keys contained within transports
20. How can you tell if a transport entry is in the process of being imported?
A: Check table TRBAT
21. How can you find a list of objects that have been repaired in the system?
A: ADIRACCESS List of repaired objects and their access keys
22. How do you Disable Multiple Logins in the same Client?
A: To disable multiple user logins within the sameclient implement this parameter in the instance profile:
login/disable_multi_gui_login = 1
If you do not use this parameter in your system, users have the ability to ignore the warning window at the time they try to login to the same client.
Activating this parameter in your system will make you look good if you get audited!
How about exceptional logins?
In case you’re wondering how to allow multiple logins for certain key users you can implement parameter
You can list the user IDs that should be ignored if the parameter above is active in your system.
23. How can you View Locked Transactions?
A: As you know, you can lock/unlock transaction codes via SM01. But, how do you go about viewing the transactions that are locked in the system? You need to look in field CINFO, table TSTC.
Within SAP, you can use either SE11 or SE16 to browse the table contents. Make sure you enter “A0” as the “HEX01 data element for SYST” starting value and “A9” as the ending value.
This will list all the transactions locked in the system.
Note: The CINFO field description is “HEX01 data element for SYST”.
24. What is the difference between TP and R3TRANS
A: TP controls the process and calls several tools, like r3trans but also e.g. DDIC-Activation.
25. Is there a difference between user DDIC and SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW ?
A: Yes, DDIC is hard coded to do some things other IDs cannot. But you should be able to activate tables in SE11 using a SAP_ALL user.
26. If you receive an “error occurred during installation” message when trying to install the DBInstance (SAP DB) what can you do to fix the problem?
A: Use shorter pathnames.
27. Is it possible to install ECC 5.0 as a test system and not production, without installing solution manager?
A: During the installation you will be asked for a key, which can only be generated by the solution manager.
28. Is there a way to perform SAPGUI 640 roll out using a centralized server?
A: Look for SAPADMIN and SAPSETUP on the installation CD. Then, use a utility such as Microsoft’s SMS to distribute this program or use a login script to call the SAPSETUP program.
29.If SAPconsole telnet screen size is too big how do you make it smaller?
A: Go to the control panel, and then to the SAP console administrator and general tab.
30. Is there a way to find out what was entered in a particular transaction code screen?
A: No, but you can analyse tables associated with the transaction code and see if there is a username field that traces what this user has done.