As an sap aspirant is important to know that designing your own monitor in CCMS alert monitor in an SAP system is crucial knowledge for an SAP Basis administrator. You must read this article to know the exact simple step-by-step procedure to design your own monitor using the CCMS alert monitor in an SAP system.
You have to design your own monitor to watch exactly what is important for your daily work and to facilitate cross-system monitoring. You can build your own monitor by considering the information that you want to monitor. Once you decide what information you need to monitor, you can create your own monitor set and then create your own monitor in it. You have to take the necessary care in creating different monitors using as little data as possible to avoid more RFC traffic over the network. You can transport monitor sets to other SAP systems which are in the same transport domain.
Step-by-step procedure to design your own monitor using the CCMS alert monitor in an SAP system
- Enter the t-code RZ20 in the command field in the SAP Easy access screen and hit enter
- In the ‘CCMS monitor sets: Maintenance function OFF’, click Extras – Activate maintenance function
- ‘CCMS monitor sets: Maintenance function ON’ screen will be displayed
- You can create your own monitor set using the screen that is displayed
- Click on the create button in the Application toolbar
- Accept the default selection, that is New monitor set and click on copy button
- Enter the name for your monitor set and click on copy button
- You should be able to view the monitor set that you have created in the list of ‘CCMS monitor sets: Maintenance function ON’ screen by now
- Now, You are ready to design your monitor using the attribute values that you want to monitor which is important for your daily work.
- Select the monitor set that you have created and click on create button in the application toolbar
- The system displays the currently registered SAP systems for central monitoring
- Select the SAP system that you want to monitor the attribute values of
- Decide the monitoring attributes and search for the monitoring attributes in the tree structure that corresponds to selected SAP system that you want to monitor
- Choose all the monitoring attributes that you want to monitor and click on SAVE button in the standard toolbar (ex: AbapErrorInUpdate, Shortdumps, R3Syslog and Response Time)
- Enter the name for your monitor and click copy to save your monitor
- Now, you should be able to view your designed monitor under the monitor set that you have created
- You can use your own monitor that is designed by you to view the alerts which are triggered for the selected monitoring attributes of the selected SAP system
In this way, you can design your own monitors by using the same step-by-step procedure which is provided above in the CCMS alert monitoring infrastructure(RZ20). You have to be very cautious about selecting the number of monitoring attributes while designing your own monitors. The more attributes that you select, the more the network traffic will be consumed for reading the data from remote SAP system that you want to monitor.
Watching the same in a Live video format will be highly enriching. For live explanation of this topic. You can get benefited by enrolling for a SAP basis training that I am conducting every month. You can enroll for the next batch which will be started in the next month. You can watch some of the most important demo videos at my youtube channel. You can also register for private list of sap basis training videos to watch repeatedly to gain an instant knowledge on sap basis administration.
You can make optimum utilization of these videos to learn SAP basis administration at your convenient place and at your own continent time. You can opt for only the sap basis training videos, when you cannot spare your time for attending live sap basis training classes. To get benefited like my students in over 55 countries…BUY NOW