CCMS alert monitor(RZ20) is linked with Monitoring properties and methods (RZ21) to maintain threshold values of different monitoring attributes in the CCMS alert monitoring infrastructure.
Using RZ21, you can create and switch between different properties variants. The threshold values for different monitoring attributes within CCMS alert monitoring infrastructure are maintained. By maintaining threshold values, you can make sure that the alerts are not constantly or never triggered by the SAP system. So that the CCMS alert monitoring is adapted in the best possible way to meet your requirements within an SAP system.
You have to first create and activate a container for threshold values to be saved. These containers are called properties variants. You can use RZ21 t-code to create a properties variant. Once you have created a properties variant, you can activate this newly created properties variant using the same t-code rz21. This will then be used to apply all the threshold values for different monitoring attributes in the CCMS alert monitoring infrastructure. You can change the threshold value of an attribute using properties button in the application toolbar within the view: current system status.
I have taken special care and attention to help you better understand the concept of creating and switch properties variants to maintain threshold values for different monitoring attributes just by performing step-by-step procedure that is given here under for your reference….
Step-by-step procedure for creating and switching properties variant to maintain threshold values of monitoring attributes.
- Enter RZ21 t-code in the SAP Easy access screen
- Click on the properties – variant – create within menubar
- Click on continue button in the screen that is displayed
- Enter the name for properties variant and click on save button in the standard toolbar
- Click on properties – variant – activate in the initial screen of RZ21
- Click input help button and choose the variant name which is created just now
- Click on Continue button
- New variant will be activated now
- All the threshold values that are changed using RZ20 t-code will be stored in the active variant by default. You can also choose another variant within the dialog box that display when you save different threshold values for monitoring attributes
- You can test this by entering t-code RZ20
- Then select the monitor which consists of monitoring attribute that you want to change the threshold value of…
- Then select the monitoring attribute (Ex: 5minLoadAverage)
- Click on the ‘Properties’ button in the application toolbar
- Click on the Display-Change button in the application toolbar in the screen that is displayed
- Change the threshold values as per your requirement. (Be careful while modifying these values) You have to set proper values for change the alert color from GREEN to YELLOW, YELLOW to RED, RED to YELLOW and YELLOW to GREEN to avoid your monitor to flicker
- Once you do all the necessary changes of threshold values of monitoring attribute, click on the save button in the standard toolbar
- Select the desired properties variant that you want to store these changed values
- By default, the active variant is selected. You can simply click on Continue button to accept the active variant to store the values
- You can now switch back to original variant * to switch the threshold values back to default just by activating the default variant using RZ21 t-code
By performing all the steps that are mentioned above, you must be having the full confidence by now over the concept of creating and switching properties variants to maintain threshold values of different monitoring attributes. This is confidence my students have on me those who have enrolled for my sap basis training videos. If you need my live explanation about this topic, please enrol for a sap basis training that I am conducting every month for a group of students from 5 continents across world.To add extra value to my SAP basis training, I have written many articles like this and recorded many videos on SAP basis training to help my students. My students are getting full benefit of getting more hands on experience with the help of my sap basis training videos. You can also just subscribe to my sap basis training videos without joining live sap basis training classes. These videos will save your working hours. You can watch these videos at your own convenient time and place to gain sap basis administration knowledge. To gain access to this high quality sap basis training videos at a total value of 299USD follow the procedure. BUY NOW